[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:43:59 -0500
>the tuner to the window feedthru plug. Beyond the window feedthru is 14ga
>ladderline with a slow twist.

What benefit is derived from twisting the feedline?  Is it physical or
electrical?  From the 1920s and '30s issues of QST, I often find
descriptions for adding "transposition blocks" on the feedline every few
feet.  This, in effect, forms a twist on the line as well, except that the
twist is the reverse from the prior twist or transposition.  If
transpositioning the feeder was so popular then, why don't we see the
technique discussed and used today when using balanced line?

-Paul, W9AC