[TenTec] Mic's Better or Best

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mic's Better or Best
From: benk8dit@serv.net (ben)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:31:48 -0700
i have and like the heil hm-10 dual mic. i am borrowing a w2ihy audio equalizer
and noise gate, a microphone accessory, with the heil
and find that it makes a good thing even better. the unit from w2ihy is
commercially made and its built to be used on any xcvr.
what's nice is you can use any brand mic and plug it in to the unit and then
tailor it for use on any other radio. i use an icom
sm-6, a
kenwood mc-85 and a shure 444 to good effect on my TT omni 6.
its not a dsp unit, and its not just a preamp, but it polishes up the audio and
eliminates background noise. i will buy one of my own
soon.