[TenTec] Mic's Better or Best

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mic's Better or Best
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 05:45:41 EDT
Dave, I've used a Turner 258 and Heil HC-5 with the Omni VI, Omni A and
Triton IV with uniformly excellent reports.  The Turner has a mellower,
smoother sound and the Heil has the punchy communications-quality type
sound.  I suspect that the Heil Goldline (without any EQ) would sound
fantastic for ragchewing, but haven't personally tried it.

Some folks report difficulty driving the Ten-Tec VOX circuits with the Heil
(check the archives).  I use a footswitch so don't much worry about such
things.

The Ten-Tec rigs, top to bottom, have such darn fantastic ssb transmit
audio, that almost any microphone will sound quite decent.  But if you're
picky, best thing might be to borrow a bunch of mikes if you can and try
them out on the gang on the Sunday net and let us all argue about what
sounds the best  ;-)

73,
Barry  N1EU

To: <tentec@contesting.com>