[TenTec] Omni C ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C ?
From: N4LQ@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:23:25 -0400
Actually, they dropped the 'D' designation when the Omni C was produced.
First, the made the Omni A which had analog tuning. Then came the Omni D.
The D meant 'digital'. Improvements to the Omni D brought along the Omni D
series B and finally the ultimate, Omni C. Yes it's a solid cw rig and my
favorite of all TenTec products. There's no phase noise, little I.F. noise,
beautiful keying, smooth QSK and excellent audio for cw. The sidetone is
rather sawtoothish sounding but you would be hard pressed to find a more
pleasant rig to copy cw with. I recommend getting an MFJ-281 ClearTone
speaker or the LS-166 from Fair Radio for the best cw sound. Enjoy!
Steve
N4LQ