[TenTec] TITAN/TS850 Hookup

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TITAN/TS850 Hookup
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:39:04 +0000
Guys,

I'm interested in both QSK CW/SSB operation of the Titan without using
the clack, clack relay in the TS850.

I'm also interested in using QSK CW without the keying relay in the
Titan and the hookup which has you key the TITAN and the Titan key the
rig via relay.

I don't want to have to switch from PTT/QSK on the amp when switching
modes.

The TS850 puts out a reasonably fast +12 volt T/R signal I have been
using with my QRO amp.  The Titan wants something which goes to
ground.

Is the hook-up as simple as inverting the Kenwood +12 volt signal via
a transistor and hooking it to the Key in jack and keep the amp in the
QSK mode always.

73 de Brian/K3KO