[TenTec] century 21 sidetone

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] century 21 sidetone
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 16:45:52 -0400
Normally replacing the whole dial cord is not necessary.  It is just the
elastic bungee section that loses its ability to pull the pointer to the
end.  If you get the bungee cord from Ten-Tec, they will also send you two
little metal clips to clamp the new bungee cord.  It is duck soup, once you
have the panel off.  You do not have to re-string the cord.

An old Indian trick (courtesy of N4LQ) comes in handy in replacing the dial
skirt.  Steve suggested making a loop of dental floss to loop over the
D-spring in the skirt.  Once the skirt is in place, the floss slips out
easily.

73 de Mike N4NT@chartertn.net