[TenTec] Replacing the Standard Filters on an Omni-6 Plus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Replacing the Standard Filters on an Omni-6 Plus
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:17:13 -1000

> it's on an adjacent board.  I
> haven't opened the radio to see exactly where,
> so my question is whether this filter, too, is replaceable
> with an INRAD plug-in model.

Yes,  it is replaceable,  you simply remove another
cover,  another bunch of little screws -- don't drop
any of them into the rig,  hi!

BTW,  I replaced both the TT 2.4's with INRAD 2.8's.
Like them a bit better for SSB,  plus,  if you are a CW
guy,  you get away from a possible source of trouble
in the CW keying waveform.  Some VI+'s evidently
have a problem since the transmitted audio goes
through that first 2.4 filter you want to replace.  In
some VI+'s,  the 2.4 filter skirt can distort the CW
wave,  so one fix is to put in the 2.8 INRAD filter.

This was discussed pretty extensively on the TT
reflector many moons ago;  maybe Sept.  of '98 or
so.

73,  Jim, KH7M