[TenTec] offsett

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] offsett
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:17:23 -0500
We use offset tuning to correct for differences in how others in a QSO
tune SSB or CW. Once a QSO has begun if each uses the main tuning to
correct the other's tuning the QSO will move across the band. Once one
uses the offset tuning for that error correction, that shift stops. The
wide off set range is enough to work DX at 10 KHz splits which is the
other application. RX shift is far more useful than TX shift in my
experience, though I don't chase DX. It might be most useful with the
wider split for chasing DX that's listening up ten KHz.

73, Jerry, K0CQ