[TenTec] offsett

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] offsett
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:53:47 -0400
Actually, not using the main tuning knob to retune will result in stations
occupying an ever increasing part of the band as they drift apart.  Better
to tune in and at least occupy one frequency, especially when more than two
stations are in contact.

The offset control has its greatest value when working more than one station
separated by a couple hundred cycles.  That way, I can tune in one without
moving my transmitter's frequency.  But if they are on the same frequency as
each other, I'd better get rid of the offset and get on their frequency with
the big knob.

Regards, Mike N4NT@chartertn.net