[TenTec] electron flow vs. current flow

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] electron flow vs. current flow
From: tacquire@earthlink.net (Dan)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:27:49 -0700
Sort of like if you imagine a canal, and there's a obstruction in the canal.
When the obstruction moves forward the "water" or in this case "nothing" is now
where the obstruction "electron" was. In the circuit I wouldn't say that the
holes themselves move though, to me it sounds like more of an accumulation of
holes.  It seems to me that thinking of holes at all is really pointless.  There
doesn't seem to me to be any logical point in thinking about where an electron
was or what it leaves behind.  It's enough to say that it goes from point a to
point b through a load of some sort(tentec rig) and "gets stuff done" in that
process.  When you think of a water current that is a physical moving material,,
, nothing can't move because it has no method of moving itself along.  If it is
displaced or repositioned into a different spot"throwing a ball into water
say.." then that is understandable, but it is not a "current" as the definition
in a dictionary will define.  It's more of a displacement sounds like to me.
Everyone's brain hurting yet?