[TenTec] century22 fault

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] century22 fault
From: sparks98@g4kki.freeserve.co.uk (bill stevenson)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 01:01:35 -0000
Hi All,
        and thanks to you all for your ideas,still not fixed it yet!I have tried
using a
new patch lead from the rig to the atu but it's still the same.The power
supply is fine,
in fact it consists of a 15amp supply which has a auto battery in parralell
which is on
a constant trickle charge.The battery is as a back up supply should the
mains fail due to
power cuts!
        I tried it on all bands into a dummy load to see if it only happened on
one
particular band
but it is on all bands.

> > bill stevenson wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All ,
> >> i am new to the list and wonder if any one can help with a fault that
has
> >> just developed on my Century 22.
> >> When i push the lock button to give a carrier to tune my atu etc,after
only
> >> a couple of seconds it drops out and then pulses slowly as if it were
being
> >> keyed.If i turn the drive down so there is only a couple of watts
coming out
> >> then it seems ok.If i turn it up to give anything over that it starts
> >> again.Any ideas most welcome,perhaps you have experienced this and know
> >> whats wrong and how to cure it ?
> >> Many thanks and i look forward to hearing from you.
Regards

Bill  G4KKI

Member of RSARS,FISTS,RIG.

Website http:\\www.g4kki.freeserve.co.uk