[TenTec] Century 22 fault stil not solved

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 22 fault stil not solved
From: sparks98@g4kki.freeserve.co.uk (bill stevenson)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 01:35:39 -0000
Hi Al,
        many thanks for your email,i have looked at the things you suggested
but unfortunatly that has not solved it.the drive level pot was ok,the tabs
on the pa transistors
looked ok,but i resoldered them anyway.Not checked the "T" and 12v lines yet
will do that
tomorrow now as it's 0130am !But i think they are ok.Unfortunatly although i
have made
a lot of my own gear in the past i was never the best person when it came to
repairing things
although stuff i made myself was easy enough to fix as i had put it together
and knew where
everything was.The century 22 is a bit more sofisticated than my homebrew
gear !
        The problem has got worse,it now drops out as soon as you key it or
press
the lock button.
But i don't think it is a power supply problem,the supply is well regulated
and provides 15amp.
I use it with my 144mhz rig at 25watt with no problems.
        Thanks anyway Al,i will have to persivere and no doubt i will fix it in
the
end,maybe some one out
there has had the same problem and will see one of my pleas for help !The
problem here is that not a great many
hams use the Ten Tec c22.
        cheers for now,will let you know if i sort it.....