[TenTec] early morning questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] early morning questions
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 05:31:12 -0800 (PST)
I found myself in need of headphones this morning (very, very early!) and
wonder if anyone has thoughts on the subject.  I have a boom headset from
Telex (made for pilots, pretty cheap but works OK), but the earpieces are
very restricted fidelity and impermeable plastic that is not comfortable
on my head for very long.  However, after all that, my main goal is to be
able to dig out weak signals from noise (by the way, what is the
"binaural" claim that is made by the Timewave DSP ads in QST?  Is this
useful?)

I prefer some fidelity (I prefer to adjust at the radio's IF and AF stages
rather than have the phones do it) and really want some comfort.  Has
anyone tried using decent stereo phones from Radio Shack with any success?

Clark
WA3JPG