[TenTec] Omni-V RS-232 Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-V RS-232 Question
From: wa0roi@arrl.net (Chuck Brudtkuhl)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:29:06 -0600
Ok gang, save me the effort of disconnecting all those
cables on the back of the Omni-V, so I can remove it to pull
the top cover to "look-see" ......

Is the DB-25 connector on the rear of the Omni-V active in a
stock radio.  Nowhere in the manual does it refer to the
RS-232 Level Interface as being an option.  On the other
hand, it refers (in only one place) to this circuit as the
Model 258 ... and the Model 258 was sold by TenTec as a
seperate entity, but supposedly only for the Paragon I.

Before I start wiring a cable for this (or trouble-shooting
what I've connected), I'd like to know if this connector is
even active!

If it requires Model 258 interface (Board 81425) to be
operative, does anyone have one for sale out there?

73 de Chuck
waØroi