[TenTec] JUPITER - - - What else!!!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] JUPITER - - - What else!!!
From: WA2PVK@prodigy.net (WILLIAM F MANSEY)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:34:54 -0500
Hello Everyone,
    I am now able to add my name to those who have received the Jupiter.  I
have not yet had a QSO but have greatly enjoyed just tuning around the Ham
bands as well as AM broadcast and the international broadcast bands!  The
rig is great and I give it THREE THUMBS UP!!!
    I did order the remote encoder/keypad (#302J) and strongly suggest that
anyone planning on purchasing a Jupiter give this option some serious
consideration.  It is in no way essential to get the 302J as the rig works
perfectly well without it BUT the remote encoder makes direct frequency
entry possible and has other major benefits as well.
    I do not work for Ten-Tec and I have absolutely nothing to gain by
suggesting an item for purchase.  I am mentioning this simply because the
302J is worth it.  The Jupiter is a great rig and the encoder makes it even
better.  I will admit that I did not think that the encoder was worth
getting when I first saw it in conjunction with the Pegasus.
I am EXTREMELY pleased with myself for deciding to add the 302J to my order.
    I feel that everyone considering a Jupiter give serious consideration to
the remote encoder.
    That's all (enough!) that I have to say for now.  I want to get away
from the computer and go play with the Jupiter some more!!!  (I do not have
to get up early tomorrow, for work, so I have a sneaking suspicion that I
will be up VERY late tonight!!!)
    I would like to thank the folks at Ten-Tec for another great rig and to
wish them, as well as everyone on the reflector,  Happy Holidays!!!
    73's  BILL