[TenTec] December 7, 1941

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] December 7, 1941
From: woowly@home.com (Larry Kozal)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:16:27 -0500
Gentlemen,

Since we're remembering Pearl Harbor Day, and since there are a lot of folks
here that lived that day, I hope that it would indeed be OK to share your
recollections of December 7, 1941 on the reflector.

For myself, my mother and father were getting the Sunday paper at the
drugstore in Cheyenne Wyoming when the news arrived - he had been called up
from the reserves to active duty at Ft. Francis E. Warren in Sept. 1941.

They didn't have their first child - me - until a little over nine months
after that day (10-1- 42). I can't remember what I was doing that day, of
course, but I sure remember VJ day - a little short of turning 3 yrs.old.

Dad had received a medical discharge earlier in '45, and we had moved to
Muskegon MI, living quite near a large grey iron foundry and fairly near a
fire barn. The factory whistle and the fire siren were blasting away at an
odd time, and I do remember having asked why, since they both usually
sounded only at noon.

Mom answered, "The War is over!"

My personal thanks to all who have served, and my prayers for those who
died - protecting all that we hold dear.

Larry Kozal   K8PUJ