[TenTec] OmniC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OmniC
From: w3nr@vol.com (Ed W3NR)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:34:25 -0500
I have an ongoing problem with my OmniC and need some help. I have already
tried Tentec service and Paul was not that helpful, although the rig had
been there for service. I continue to have a "warble" when tuning, and in my
experience this is related to PTO problems. Any help here, other than a
rebuild less than 3 months after Tentec rebuilt it ? The next is drift, now
this is a problem. The rig drifts 30 to 50 cycles up, continuously. No
matter if it is on for 30 minutes or 30 hours. Tune in a CW signal and it
slowly drifts up. Somewhere in my mind it is again related to the PTO. Any
thoughts on this one ?? Tentec's answer was "after all what do you expect,
the rig is 20 years old ". So any input from the list will be helpful.

Ed W3NR