[TenTec] re: Reciever comparison chart on website

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re: Reciever comparison chart on website
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 08:36:01 -0700
Ken, I use a long 362 foot long wire. My Pegasus suffers from
overloading
from a near 50KW AM at some times and a near 1KW ham. These two signals
will overload my Pegasus so it can not be used on any band.
A MFJ preselector fixes the problem.
I assume Elecraft K2 and OmniVI+ do not have this problem.
The Pagasus has a preselector but it must not be narrow enough.
I have no problem with dipole or vertical antennas because they have
less bandwidth than my long wire.
Regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF