[TenTec] Omni VII wish list

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII wish list
From: psikes@whidbey.net (Phil Sikes)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:19:52 -0800
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:24:23 -0000, Bill Harris wrote:
>Hello Phil:
>   Was under the impression that the TT O/VI had two VFO's.
>Couldn't you
>use the extra VFO in a receive only mode, to tune around?
>Just a thought.
>Later
>KXBill

Hi Bill, yes it does have dual VFO's but it is not nearly as
convenient as having a built in sub-receiver. On the Omni, you can
press and hold the "Rev" key in to hear the second VFO but while you
are doing that you are not hearing the first VFO. On the MP and some
other rigs with dual receive you have one receiver in the left ear
and the second in the right ear. You would not believe how easy this
makes breaking a pileup or even working split yourself. I am on an
IOTA island and have to run split myself quite a bit.

73 - Phil

-- Phil Sikes - N7UX, psikes@whidbey.net on 01/08/2001