[TenTec] Omni VII wish list

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII wish list
From: ny9h@home.com (ny9h)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:02:26 -0600
yes it has two vfo, but for split operation the full second receiver is
very nice.

I used to use my icom r71a with my icom 751a;  and still use them ,
  but now i use my omni 6 with either icom 756 ( with band scan) or my
elecraft k2 as second receiver.  The icom 756 has a psuedo second
receiver... the audio comes out the same hole, you can't split the audio
apart, like the yaesu mp1000 or a second receiver. I think ICOM will
replace the 781 ( it had a second rcvr).  If there is an omni7 .... please
do it right ....then TT will take some of the crowd from yaesu.

Phil  get a copy of the    "Complete DXer" by Bob w9kni... a great fun
book, and it's got a ton of operating hints  to get dxcc very fast.

bill  ny9h