[TenTec] LDG Autotuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] LDG Autotuner
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:16:26 -0800
Scott;

I use the SGC-230 remote auto tuner and have never had any such problems
with my OMNI VI/3.  From my own personal experience I have found "antenna
tuners" (I know, I know, wrong terminology) to work great with balanced
antennas and feeders.  But when used with either coax or single wire
transmission lines, the tuner needs to be as far away from the shack as
possible.  That's one of several reasons that I chose the SGC over LDG and
others (LDG finally has a remote version of their tuner).  My antenna is a
200 foot wire with the SGC at the "feed point" which is about 2 feet from my
RF ground system.  The SGC is fed with about 30 feet of RG-8 from the Omni
and I have a Radio Works T4G Line Isolator connected to the input of the
SGC.  This setup works great with no interference from the SGC, Omni VI/3,
or computer.

Reid, K7YX