[TenTec] How to zero-beat a Scout?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How to zero-beat a Scout?
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:32:34 -0500 (EST)
NO
Find out what your cw offset is. This is usually in the manual and
normally is around 700or 750hz. Turn your rit off. Tune in the signal for
a pitch equal to the offset. If your Scout's offset is 700hz then tune for
a 700hz tone. If you don't know what 700hz sounds like then you need to
listen to an audio generator and learn. This procedure should work for any
rig.

> I posted this question on the CW reflector, but I got varying opinions.  I
> thought that this may be a better place to get the facts!
>
> Here is what I think I am supposed to do:
> 1. I sweep through the tone until it disappears. (I barely hear a low
> thumping)
> 2. Tune my RIT up until I hear the signal clearly (about 600 Hz)
>
> Is that right?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>

> Jim Crites
> KF6FCV