[TenTec] How to zero-beat a Scout?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How to zero-beat a Scout?
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:39:32 -0500
Steve is correc. This is the right way to tune the Scout, and most other
rigs. (Some QRP radios and the 10 meter sets like the Radio Shack
HTX-100 require zero beating the received signal and then using the
RIT).  The offset for the Scout is 750 Hz. Just tune the incoming
signal for a 750 Hz beat note and you will be on frequency. If you can
borrow a second receiver, you can use it to practice. Once your ear
gets tuned to 750 Hz, you will have no trouble.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF