[TenTec] Re: grounding

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: grounding
From: at060@chebucto.ns.ca (David McClafferty)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:05:48 -0400 (AST)
My Pegasus was only one weeke old and I turned it on one day and found all
the bands full of lightning static. I decided it was good day to work on
my antenna switching arrangment since the bands were so noisy. I had the
rig connected and disconnected at variois times as I checked my work.
Later I discovered the finals wer gone and a pin diode had been blown. At
first I thought I had transmitted into the Pegasus with another
transmitter due to an error in wiring. While that could explain the finals
it wouldn't explain the pin diode which is in the receive circuitry. It
must have been the lightning which I figured was many miles away. The real
scary part is that I was probably working on the antenna switching setup
when it happened.

73, Dave, VE1ADH