[TenTec] Heil Headset and OMNI 6+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Heil Headset and OMNI 6+
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:12:05 -0500

DK2GZ@aol.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> I using a Heil headset with the omni 6+.
>
> First: need very high mike-gain and processor-level
>        for moderate output
>
> Second: some people told me that there is a "brrrrr"
>         sound in the background on my audio

Hi, Harry,
Sorry that I cannot help with the "brrrr" sound. However, I do use a
Heil headset with my Omni 6. When I first got the Heil, I experienced
the same low gain problem you did. I called TT service on the telephone
(easier for me than for you, presumably living in Germany). TT said they
would call me back in an hour or two with an answer (after they talked
to a design engineer). As promised, they did call and the answer was to
change the value of (2) quarter watt resistors. This solved the low gain
problem with the Heil. As this was 5 or 6 years ago and I don't have
access to my notes right now, I'm sorry I cannot be more specific. Maybe
someone else on the reflector can give you the details.

Good luck!!

73/Carter/K8VT