[TenTec] "Lineage" follow-up questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Lineage" follow-up questions
From: prvalko@oakland.edu (Paul R. Valko)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:16:49 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Kevin L Anderson wrote:

> **** When was the Century 21 Digital model first
> introduced? ****

I have the 1979 AES catalog and it's in there.  How about saying 1978?

> *** Why does the Century 21 look so different than
> everything else produced by Ten Tec? ****

Uhhhhh.... different model maybe?  I dunno.  A Delta doesn't look lke a
Corsair which doesn't look like an Omni, which doesn't look like an
Argonaut.  But seriously.  It's an entry-level radio.  Perhaps some
thought went into making it BIG and easy to use?

> have not seen a Trident I or II -- is that similar to
> the Century 21?

Nope... and Kevin, it Triton, not Trident.  Tritons are Ten*Tecs, Tridents
are three-forked spears, or gum, or missles...

Good work!

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
  Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at:
  <http://www.acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko>