[TenTec] "Lineage" follow-up questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Lineage" follow-up questions
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:31:00 -0000
Although the C21 had its own AC power supply,  it would also run off of 12
volts.
I used to run my in the car a lot.  All you had to do was get the breaker TT
sold for it.

Also, with the large cabinet, this was a great radio to add mods. There was
plenty
of space inside.

The C21 was designed to fit the need for the novice license at the time.
Back then
there was a 75 watt "input" limit for novices.  So TT imagined the C21
fitting the
bill perfectly for the new novice since no other gear was specifically
designed for
this power level.  However, about the same time the rig came out, the FCC
changed the novice power level to the today value 200 watts.

73,

Carl Moreschi  N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py@earthlink.net