[TenTec] Re: Triton IV audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Triton IV audio
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 14:00:06 -1000
Hi Tim,  you wrote,  in part:

> Just picked up a very nice Triton IV, but there is one thing
> I wonder if anyone has run across.  Even with the audio
> gain all the way down, the audio is still quite loud from the radio....

Well,  that is not usual.  I have two Triton 544's here,  and neither
has that behavior!  My CW audio is very comfortable at the 9 o'clock
pot position.  When using a speaker,  I do not use the internal
one on the bottom of the rig.  My PS is a new TT262,  so use the
speaker in that PS;  the sound fires directly to my ears.  The
PS is mounted at "ear height" on my multi shelf operating position
set up.  Can see a view of same at:

    http://www.qrz.com/database?callsign=KH7M

and at:

    http://www.karc.net/Activities/Photokh7m.htm

at the bottom under the tower and antenna photos.  Click
on the "thumbnails"  for larger images.

73,  Jim,  KH7M