[TenTec] Triton IV audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV audio
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 06:56:36 -0800 (PST)
My Triton IV does the same thing. I can vary the audio volume but it is
extremely loud with the internal or external speaker. I have it about 1 notch
above off. I run the audio through a home built Motorola DSP unit and I had to
put a 40 DB pad on the input. I thought it was normal because I have used
several other Triton's and they all exhibited this characteristic.
--- NZ8J <timcook@erinet.com> wrote:

> Just picked up a very nice Triton IV, but there is one thing I wonder if
> anyone has run across.  Even with the audio gain all the way down, the audio
> is still quite loud from the radio, the only way to completely shut it down
> is to turn the RF gain down. With the audio gain at 9 o'clock, the volume is
> way too loud....and at full CW it is unbelieveably loud..
> thanks
> Tim
> NZ8J
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/tentec

=====
Carl H.
Remember, the opposite of PROGRESS is CONGRESS