Make sure to turn off the power supply also, not just the radio. I did
exactly what you did and thats what I ended up doing.
READ INSTRUCTIONS, I didn't and I had to figure out what I did wrong.
Instructions say (per TenTec):
PEGASUS (Model 550)
1) Turn Transceiver OFF.
2) Connect a PC to the transceiver using the appropriate cable.
3) Turn the Transceiver ON. The RX LED on the radio flashes indicating
4) Start the Update program
5) Select the COM port to which the Transceiver is attached.
6) Choose UPDATE under the PROCESS menu.
7) Select the RUF file under the Process Menu.
8) The program will update the radio and report any errors encountered.
It does not say bring the radio up....Oh well, Good Luck, the radio will
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/tentec
Administrative requests: tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com