[TenTec] 252 PowerSupply troubles revisited

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 252 PowerSupply troubles revisited
From: n5oe@inter-linc.net (Carlin Royal)
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:43:45 -0600
Ok,

I managed to get the covers off the supply
last night. I verified the front panel switch
was operational, that the center pins 2&3 are
jumpered and the ac line fuse was ok. There
is 110v ac through all these points and the
output of the transformer on the four pins
are as follows 1-8vdc, 2-ground,3-8vdc and
4-25vdc. There is 25vdc on the big
capacitor(which also checks ok) and 25 volts
going in on one leed of the regulator mounted
on the heatsink at rear of the supply. No
voltage returning out of the regulator to the
positive lead of the powercord to radio. The
small green wire from this regulator which in
turn goes to the circuit board of the supply
has 1/4vdc on it.

The scr? and its 4 pins have 8vdc across two
of them straight from the secondary windings
of the transformer and the other two pins
have 25vdc across them straight from the
powersupply.

With a jumper on pins 2&3 of the output power
cord jumpered, the supply turns on, panel
light comes on but no 12vdc on the cord. I
suspect a bad regulator on the back but not
sure??

Thanks for any more suggestions to look for.
I have no schematic and as you can tell
probably from my description above not too
technical minded, so please lots of details
HI HI.

THANKS in advance

N5OE