[TenTec] Ten-Tec paddles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec paddles
From: dslosty@pipeline.com (dslosty)
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:44:39 -0500

There's been some talk on the reflector about Ten-Tec paddles.
Most comments have been fairly negative about the past Ten-Tec paddles.

I'm rather surprised at that since I've used the Ten-Tec KR50 Ultramatic
keyer for some time. The magnetically loaded paddles, to me, have a
superb feel. I'm a fairly high speed op and find them excellent even at
35 wpm. The weighting is infinitely variable and the ball bearing pivots
give a silky smooth feel. When it is adjusted properly, there's absolutely
no "slop".  The same paddles with the electromagnetic controls were
available separately without the keyer but I don't remember that model number.

On the other hand, the cheaper line of Ten-Tec paddles, either single or dual
lever, were awkward to use.

73,
Doug/WA1TUT