[TenTec] RF in audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF in audio
From: psikes@whidbey.net (psikes@whidbey.net)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:17:27 -0800
Hello to the group. It's been a while since I have had any questions
but I have recently had a problem on 40M SSB. I am getting some
RF into my audio only on 40 SSB. I have tried other rigs and do not
have the problem on the same antenna. I have 2 loops that work on
40, one vertical loop that is resonant on 40 and a 80M vertical loop
that works as a bisquare on 40. This happens with either antenna
and the Omni VI+ but not my other rig (FT1000MP). I am sure that
it is a ground problem but have not been able to isolate it. I pulled
the antenna tuner (Drake MN-2700) out of the circuit, it was after
the rig but before the amp (SB-221) and it did seem to improve a
little. The RF is there whether the amp is on or not so it is not
strictly a high power problem. I have tried different mikes and seen
little or no improvement. Any ideas out there in Ten Tec land??

73 - Phil
N7UX