[TenTec] OMNI VI @ qrp level ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI @ qrp level ?
From: wr4i@mindspring.com (Dennis Terribile/WR4i)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:16:08 -0500
I do a lot of my cw operating at 5w or less on the QRP freq. so when I was
told the VI goes to "0" that was another "selling point" to picking up this
used VI. Here's the problem. I can use the "tune" button and drop the power
to zip but when I send cw  it "jumps" back to over 5wts!  I can also watch
the meter on the VI and see its jumping to 10w or more. On my old Argosy I
can set the power to mw level and it stays there when keyed.  Is this normal?
Thanks for any/all comments.
Dennis /WR4i
Ivy,Va