[TenTec] binaural CW?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] binaural CW?
From: aldebaran@ukgateway.net (DeniGm3skn)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 00:35:24 +0100

----- Original Message ----

> Any of you guys use the JPS NIR-12 for binaural CW reception and how well
> does it approxmate diversity reception?
>
> I had a Yaesu FT 1000 here in the shack for a week once (a guy wanted to
> swap for my OMNI VI) and I used the dual receive with stereo headphones to
> really dig out CW signals.  I am told the NIR-12 approximates this in its
> binaural mode and just wonder if anyone has experience with it.
>
> At a mere 47, I find my hearing is sometimes a problem, especially in the
> CW range.  I am using lower tones these days, but find I need to change
> the tone frequently to reorient my concentration on the CW signals during
> QSO's.
>
> Clark
> WA3JPG

Interesting Clark,  I find the major problem to my CW proficiency is a lack
of concentration ...I can copy high speeds in my head to 30 WPM with ease...
but only for brief periods...do I have a short attention span ?
Real QSO/s as opposed to practice do sharpen me up but not as much as I
would like. I hate missing copy. Also I can copy perfect CW as in W1AW quite
easily but not so  the variability of fists on the air....
Still trying after all this time....

73,  Deni GM3SKN Shetland Islands UK
       K2 1188  Fists 2817  ARS 827 ARCI 10659