[TenTec] Sick SX-325

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sick SX-325
From: justo@maplenet.net (j)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:10:23 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Hyde" <cshyde@yahoo.com>

> Your right its an RX-325. Problem is that ten tec doesn't have a service
manual
> for it anymore and I have never been able to locate one to copy or buy.
Having
> a schematic would help a lot. It worked at one time with the problem that
when
> you turned it on it would sometimes not tune until it had ben on for a few
> minutes.

carl,

although i can't answer your question, your mentioning that you don't have a
manual or schematic jogged my memory that it seems i remember another ham
telling me that a place called *fair radio sales* in ohio (?? not sure if
that's the exact name/location, may be s.one else on the list knows more
details) has all kinds of manuals for older equipment.

anyway, i did a search for the above site in the hopes of getting better
info. to you and came across ac6v's site (he's got a lot of good info/links
there).  below is a link of the results of my search for manuals (all on one
line w/no spaces):

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=manuals&sp-a=00010781-sp00000000

s.thing of interest is link/listing #2 the summary of which states:

*...Manuals & Repair Info, HF Users Net and Swap pages TenTec Virtual
Museum -- From W8KC Unofficial TenTec Pages*

hope this helps.

73's,