[TenTec] Ten-Tec and Astron

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec and Astron
From: wb8yqj@yahoo.com (Don Rasmussen)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:18:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guys,

It seems that almost every ham has an Astron power
supply, mine is an RS35. Now I have this new Corsair
II and I want to connect it to the Astron but I read
that I need a special DC cord that has special
circuitry to protect the PA transistors in the
transceiver. Ten-Tec used to manufacture this item,
but it is no longer available. Has anyone solved this
problem, with a part that was reasonably easy to find?
Ideally, I'd like it to be activated by the switch on
the transceiver front panel. I was really shocked at
how unusual the simple arrangement of connecting this
radio to a generic power supply was. But this was just
a hint of so many unconventional things that at first,
was pretty unsettling. I can say though, it is an
absolute blast to operate this transceiver. For it's
unconventional nature, the rewards are very profound!

Thanks es 73,
Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ/6