[TenTec] Ten-Tec and Astron

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec and Astron
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:35:27 -0500
I made a special DC power cord. I used Buss 15 amp ATC type fuses for
current limiting and a relay controlled by the front panel switch to
turn the radio on and off. I included a diode in the circuit to the
relay coil so that it won't work with reversed polarity. The relay is a
30 amp automotive type relay with 1/4" spades for terminals. I have
blown one fuse (I put fuses in both hot and ground) from a badly
mistuned antenna tuner without damage to PA that I've detected.

The relay came from Hosfelt, the fuse holders from Walmart and
Electronic Supply of Ames, the fuses from Walmart, the diodes and wire
from my supply shelves. The connectors to fit the Corsair II came from
Mouser.

www.hosfelt.com
www.mouser.com

73, Jerry, K0CQ