[TenTec] 9215 filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 9215 filter
From: ditzian@alltel.net (Jan Ditzian)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:28:42 -0400
Aha, Gary, N7IR, has identified the mystery filter that I have.  I still do not
know what the 9215 stands for, but here is the information from Gary.

The filter is a Ten-Tec Model 220, eight-pole, 2.4 kHz. filter for the 9 mHz.
IF.  Gary says that many Argosy and Corsair owners use them in place of the
stock four-pole 9 mHz. filter.

So, all you Argosy and Corsair (or even Omni VI) owners, form a line outside my
door for this once-in-a-lifetime chance at this filter, $40.00 plus shipping to
you.  It worked when it was in my Omni VI, but I do not need a wide 9 mHz.
filter for chasing DX.  When there is interference on top of an SSB DXpedition,
the kilocycle policemen and other lids make sure they are EXACTLY zero beat on
the DX station's frequency, not off by enough for a filter to help.

It is probably good for ragchewing, giving you a total of 16 poles of filtering
at 2.4 kHz. bandwidth, to keep the ungentlemanly guys 3 kHz. up (or down) the
band off your back (of course, you should hear what those guys say about you).

73,
Jan, KX2A