[TenTec] Antennas and More G5RV problem and solution.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Antennas and More G5RV problem and solution.
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:00:53 -0700 (PDT)
Well its spring time when a young ham's fancy turns to antennas. LAst week I
had some spare time on thursday evening to play with antennas. My G5RV that I
had purchased from Antennas and More  http://www.antennasmore.com/  needed to
be re-hung so I took it down out of the trees and I sort of left it in the yard
when it got dark. Well on Saturday while mowing the grass I "found" it again
when pieces of it came flying out of the mower deck. So I picked up the now
shortened G5RV and put the remains in the ham shack. On monday I wrote an email
to the guys at Antennas and More asking them if I could purchase replacement
antenna wire and one insulator to repair the G5RV. I even told them I had
chopped it up with the mower. They replied to send the remains back to them and
they will repair it for free and ship it back because all of their antennas are
warranted unconditionally. Now that was some surprise and completely
unexpected. So if you are like me and occasionally do something dumb to your
dipole then they are the antenna maker to do business with. I also have their
half square DX antenna and like it very much. I just thought I would report a
vendor who goes beyond the usual customer service and stands behind their
product.

=====
Carl H.
Remember, the opposite of PROGRESS is CONGRESS