[TenTec] Omni 6 keying......

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 keying......
From: ditzian@alltel.net (ditzian@alltel.net)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:51:43 -0400

On 30 May 2001, at 15:06, Jerry L. Kitterman wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>

>   The other one was with the constant speeding up and slowing down of
>   the
> built in keyer.  One fella told me that he had crossed the leads
> (inside)? the rig with a capacitor and it really helped but I did not
> try that one. The other man said TT had the fix for the problem.  I
> called and they did not have it or anything like that.

Ten-Tec apparently has lost its corporate memory.  I do not
remember the capacitor value or the connection point, and my
Omni is in Tennessee, but it goes directly on a connector on top.
Not only that, but I got the recommendation from Ten-Tec, not from
this group.  Call again and ask for Don Prouty, Paul Clinton, or
another Omni VI-specific technician.  If they still say nothing, wait
two weeks until my Omni is back and send me a reminder and I
will try to point it out.

Oh, yes.  After having one for five years, I call it the Omni-Fix.  I
cannot afford better, but I hvae a backup radio for the times when it
is in repair.

73,
Jan Ditzian
KX2A