[TenTec] Omni VI+ vs Icom 756-Pro

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ vs Icom 756-Pro
From: n4ydu@worldnet.att.net (Nathan Moreschi)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:19:24 +0100
Hi John. I'm a cw op. I'm an intense cw contester and the pro passes the
test easily. I participated in the cqww wpx contest nearly two weeks ago and
never had any difficulty in copying signals. I'll admit that IF DSP isn't
perfect, but it is pretty good. The one area the OMNI VI does beat the pro
in is QSK. I'd give the QSK a 6.5 out of 10 on the pro and an 8 on the OMNI
VI. The OMNI VI has good qsk but with a pair of 250hz filters selected it
did produce a "Smuck" between characters....

73,

Nate/N4YDU