[TenTec] corsair 2 cw power

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] corsair 2 cw power
From: k4cgy_list@yahoo.com (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:01:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jos,
   You have done everything right. If it puts out 100W on SSB
then with ALC and DRIVE full Clockwise, on lock or CW you should
get 100W on CW. I think your problem is that the BFO frequency
has changed and the carrier is too far down the slope of the
filter.
On the Corsair II the BFO has only one crystal but three trimmer
capacitors that are switch in the circuit on LSB-USB and CW. The
instructions are in the book on how to set the BFO frequency.
Connect a counter to the proper point and see if the frequency's
are correct in USB-LSB and CW. If not follow instructions and
adjust the capacitors. I find that I have to do this about once a
year. I don't have the book handy so I can't tell you the page
but it's on the one with the schematic for the BFO.

73 Jim K4CGY