[TenTec] Weird Jupiters is absolutely correct

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Weird Jupiters is absolutely correct
From: wa2tti@worldlynx.net (Jerry Harley)
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 16:45:38 -0400
Oh, I just have to reply.  What planet are you all from, or what are you
smoking.
My Jupiter is a fantastic transceiver for the price.  Display problems?
you need to look at the Kenwoods and Icoms, I've adjusted the 746 10
dozen times, it never seems correct.  RF what RF?  I've tried to
duplicate some of your problems can do it.  I did use a dipole on the
lawn that had a feed line the was too parallel to one leg and it knocked
my old Swan Astro 150 inside out so I tried the Jupiter, and guess what
RF got in, so I tried a Swan 500C and the RF go it also.  You draw your
own conclusion.
Poor receiver??  Then my IC 746, TS180, and other TT's must be bad also,
the receiver is fine.  I'll put it up against the best of them.  I think
the DSP set super narrow will even let me carry on a conversation next
to Ivar and Old timer, I've done it just to test the filters.
I don't understand all the negativism,  this is one terrific radio for
the price.  It blew the IC 746 right off my bench and I'm going to sell
it because it gets no use.  I'd rather play with my golden oldies and
QRP, and when I'm serious run the Jupiter.  I know I'm not the only one
that loves this radio, so lets hear about it.   WA2TTI P40GH OX3GH
XP1AB  Jerry