[TenTec] Scout drift fix?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout drift fix?
From: k6sdw@arrl.net (Eddy Avila)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:23:46 -0000
Dennis, I've been running TT Scout in Toyota Celica abert 2 years and works
FB, but yes, does have a mechanical-stability problem. I talked with TT
service a long time ago and followed their suggestions to "improve" the
problem and it did help, but the Scout is not a digitally-tuned rig like the
new, ultra small hf radios on the market so it will always have this
problem. Electrically, the Scout is very stable for an analog-tuned rig, so
if its not subjected to too much vibration it will work "ok!" -- not great,
tho....

By-the-way, the Scout receiver is really impressive given the technology it
was built on....

All-in-all, I will keep the Scout in the car and work around its limitations
until I win the lottery then buy one of the do-everything rice boxes....73

/ed