[TenTec] Jupiter and Kenwood Comparison

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter and Kenwood Comparison
From: mikkelsen.tom.o@worldnet.att.net (Tom O. Mikkelsen)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:01:06 -0600
Hello All,
        First I am a Pegasus owner and enjoy my rig very much. I use Carl's N4PY
software and it is the BEST! Also my Pegasus
has been flawless with NO problems since I got it over a year ago.
        Anyway, I have been thinking about the Jupiter. I love the software
control
for Pegasus/Jupiter, but after working at a computer all day and managing
people, a real radio is an inviting thought and change.
        So I need your help for comparison. When I go to HRO and listen on CW
with
a Kenwood TS-570 with the NR-1 and NR-2 the effect of noise reduction is
amazing (to me). Of course I operate only CW or at least 99.99% of the time.
This is a critical feature for me. When I use my Pegasus noise "button" it
quiets things down, but the cw note gets "raspy" clearly not as good as the
570.
        I do not have access to a Jupiter for comparison and don't want to do
the
30 day trial, unless there is a better than average possibility that the
Jupiter DSP is really favorable by comparison on CW to the 570. Two good
rigs just a challenging decision. Thanks for your comments and help.

        Tom Mikkelsen
        WA0POD