[TenTec] Ten Tec Stations

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Stations
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:58:18 -1000
Some one reminded me of a note I rcvd back in April
when I was actually thinking of selling the rigs now
being offered:

""Jim:  Considering the dilemma that you are faced with, my
suggestion is to keep ALL the Ten Tec rigs you presently own
and not sell any of them.  What happens should you sell a rig
and then realize the very rig you sold had features that suited
you that the others lacked or do not perform as well?

Perhaps your operating technique may change and you realize
the rig you sold would have been better suited to your new
technique?   Why are you in such a hurry to get rid of otherwise
excellent equipment?  If you sell it and later realize that was a
mistake, it probably will cost you more to purchase it later.

The price of used Ten Tec equipment has gone up over time.
It is not like a car or real estate with personal property or real
estate taxes and insurance cost that accrue.  In other words,
since it is not costing you anything to keep the equipment, I
see no need to dispose of it.  Just own, use and enjoy them
for what they represent. - 73's-"

Well,  maybe.  Guess I can't use them all,  all the time,  hi.
I spent time today comparing the three TT rigs here, Triton,
Corsair and Omni IV+;  all good,  but I kept going back to the
 oldest,  the Triton 544,  hi.  Really easy to hear the weak
CW DX;  the Triton CW filter is a unique one,  Model 245,
larger board than in any of the other rigs,  far as I can see.
Spec'd at 150 Hz BW centered at 750Hz.  Little tough to tune
in the sharpest response curve selection,  but really peaks
the signal!  Nice.  And the Omni VI+ with the pair of INRAD
400 Hz filters,  plus the DSP engaged is quite similar to
the 20+ year old Triton,  hi!

73,  Jim  KH7M