[TenTec] Hercules 444 amp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:15:44 -0400
I owned the last 444 Ten-Tec worked on.  It had taken off and burned a
couple of the circuit boards.  They fixed it and added more negative
feedback.

I sold it, telling the buyer that Ten-Tec wouldn't work on it.

I wouldn't suggest you even consider getting one of those amps unless you
want to replace all the RF section with new.

Another thing you might want to consider is this:  The 444 has a fan that
sounds like a 707 until the heat sink temperature reaches a high enough
temperature to switch the fan to high speed -- then it sounds like a 747.

73, Mike
N4NT@chartertn.net