[TenTec] Scout Problem with Freq Shift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Problem with Freq Shift
From: laslo6@email.msn.com (laslo6)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 20:06:51 -0500
Hi Ed
My first attempt to repair it wil be to go thru it and resolder all of the
connections - sometines that fixes stuff and you never even know which
connection was bad - I did look at the solder connections and they all look
good, but I think that is a quick and easy thing to try - I know that this
sounds kinda nuts, but I would rather fix this one than buy a new one - I
also would like to know what I did to fix it, but I will settle for fixing
it if the resoldering works.  I bought the rig used and got a real good deal
on it - Probably because they thought the rig had a bad problem - anyway
even if I had to buy a new band module, I am still OK on the deal. Thanks
for the ideas and I will let you know what happens.
73s
George
W4LT