[TenTec] PBT question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PBT question
From: tjednacz@ieee.org (Thomas C. Jednacz)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:39:56 -0400
Adjust the pass band tuning to what you want to hear. Do not need to have it
set at one spot. You will use it to either cut the high or low frequency
interfering station. The filters do not track in USB and LSB because of the
design of the Omni VI. One end of the filter is used for USB and the other
end is used for LSB. As a result it is very difficult to adjust the
oscillators so that the receive frequency starts at the edge of the filter.
My Omni VI+ is set up correct for LSB & CW but I cannot set the oscillator
to get it to the edge of the filter for USB. As a result the 1.8Khz filters
( one in each IF) cut different frequencies. One cuts the lower frequencies
and the other the highs making the pass band to narrow for intelligence if I
try to use both filters. Great rig - get used to the way it work and you
will be OK.

Tom, W7QF